Jump to navigation Jump to search
|callisto (3rd Generation)|
|GPU||EVGA GeForce GTX 970|
|Disk||240GB Intel SSD 530|
callisto is a self-built x86 PC that has served in various roles over three major hardware iterations.
Callisto has seen numerous upgrades over its lifetime including two major rebuilds. Most upgrades were done with spare parts from other machines.
|callisto (2nd Generation)|
|CPU||AMD Phenom II 965 BE 2015-2019|
AMD Athlon II 250 2011-2015
|GPU||ATI Radeon 5870 2014-2019|
NVIDIA GeForce GT430 2011-2014
Windows 8 2012-
|Disk||240GB Intel SSD 530 ??-|
250GB Sun OEM HDD 2012-??
200GB Seagate ATA HDD 2011-2012
- 2019- Gaming PC
- 2011-2019 Media PC and occasional gaming PC
- 2010-2011 Auxillary basement PC
- 2009-2010 Auxillary desk PC
- 2008-2009 Campus chat server
- 2019-09-15 Third generation build with displaced parts from umaru.
- ?? Automatically upgraded to Windows 10.
- ?? Replace hard disk with Intel SSD 530 240GB.
- 2015-02-23 Upgrade CPU from Athlon II 250 to Phenom II 965 Black Edition.
- 2014-12-05 Change case to NZXT H440 and GPU to Radeon 5870.
- 2013-10-18 Update to Windows 8.1.
- 2012-12-31 Install 250GB SATA HDD from inari and Windows 8.
- 2012-11-16 Becomes first machine to move to new location.
- 2012-06-23 Return to Room 102.
- 2012-06-21 Reinstall OpenIndiana on other 200GB ATA HDD.
- 2012-06-20 One 200GB ATA HDD determined to be cause of system unresponsiveness.
- 2012-06-15 System noticed to intermittently become unresponsive.
- 2011-09-29 Second generation build.
- 2011-09-27 Order parts for second generation build.
- 2011-09-26 Add Murphy's 2TB media drive (ext2 format...).
- 2011-09-24 Move to Room 102 as media PC.
- 2011-06-09 Install FreeBSD 8.2 and OpenIndiana dev-il for evaluation.
- 2009-10-26 Upgrade from Debian 5 (lenny) to Debian 6 (squeeze).
- 2008-09-22 Upgrade RAM from 512MB to 2.5GB.
- 2008-08-20 Add leftover 200GB ATA hard disks from ganymede and change OS to Debian 4.
- 2008-01-21 Boots with new motherboard and power supply. Install Windows Server 2003.
- 2008-01-18 Moved parts to campus in hopes of building a chat server.
- 2007-07-?? Does not boot with available parts; project put on hold.
- 2007-06-19 Begin ordering parts.